7 Things To Do With Your Family In Chattanooga Tn
Traveling with your kids can sometimes be quite hectic if you don’t have activities to keep them busy. However, when you go to Chattanooga. Whether it’s just for the weekend or for a longer period, you are sure to find very many activities to keep your children not only occupied but having fun and learning at the same time. Here are 10 of the best places you can go with your kids or activities they can do while in Chattanooga.
1. Tennessee Aquarium and River Gorge Explorer. Exploring the Tennessee Aquarium can be two hours of pure amazement as you see creatures from the mountains to the see such as turtles, otters, alligators and catfish. You will also find sharks and stingrays, penguins and butterflies in the Ocean Journey facility.
2. Coolidge Park – Who wouldn’t want to put on a swimsuit and take a dip with the warm weather? Put the kids in bathing suits and let them have fun in the animal-themed fountains at Coolidge Park. Have a picnic while at it and later, take a ride in the hand-carved antique carousel. Take a ride on the River Gorge explorer which takes you from the downtown pier to the Tennessee River Gorge.
3. Rock City – This famous area gives a view of seven states. Take a hike and see the Mother Goose Village and scenes from the Three Little Pigs, Humpty Dumpty and other nursery rhymes.
4. Tennessee Riverwalk – Take a bike ride or a stroll down the 13-mile greenway through downtown Chattanooga. Here, you will also be able to see Ross’s landing which a popular spot for music festivals, live events and boat racing is.
5. Creative Discovery Museum – This is ranked one of the top children’s museums in the US. Kids can be enrolled in various programs held at the museum, play dress up as lords, lasses or jesters, dig in a big sand pit, try basic sewing and woodworking and engage in several other hands-on learning experiences.
6. High point climbing and fitness – Let your kids practice to be rock-climbers at the downtown gym with 30000 square feet of indoor and outdoor climbing and the riverside location with 10000 square feet. They can also try their hand at yoga if they are interested.
7. Ruby Falls – Let your kids see the amazing 145-foot high waterfall which the country’s largest public underground waterfall is. If you are adventurous enough, you can try one of the zip line adventures or obstacle course with nets, tunnels, walkways and ladders. Test your climbing skills on a three-sides 4-foot tower.
Chattanooga is a holiday destination for you and your family. Even if you are a native of the city, take a tour around the city and discover new places you may never have tried or even heard of before. Your kids will not only enjoy the adventure but will learn a lot from the various activities the town has to offer.